Firstly, I apologize for the delay, as I was unable to access my laptop to create this post. Secondly, you will not be writing your argumentative essay during this break. All you have to do is prepare your 5- minute presentation (speech).
Use the following checklist to guide you in your writing:
- I have included information, findings, and supporting evidence to support my claim.
- I have included the most relevant evidence to support my claim.
- I convey a clear and distinct perspective on the topic.
- I have organized my information in a way that is logical and clear.
- I use clear transitions and links between ideas to help my listeners follow the lines of reasoning.
- I use a formal tone, appropriate to my purpose and audience.
- I have considered and addressed the knowledge level of my audience.
- I have considered and addressed the concerns and values of my audience.
- I have considered and addressed the potential biases of my audience.
During this presentation you will need to use visuals to further strengthen your argument. I will leave that up to you to decide whether you want to create a :
- Prezi Presentation
Remember, this is a presentation so you don’t want to just read off of a paper for five minutes straight. Thus, consider creating notecards for yourself of the major points or whatever it is you may find helpful. Also, I will be timing your presentation, you will not be allowed to exceed 5 minutes.
Any comments, questions, or concerns, feel free to shoot me an email firstname.lastname@example.org!
P.S. Looking foward to hearing all of your speeches!