I hope everyone’s break is off to a wonderful start! Following reminders:
- Vocabulary Quiz- January 2nd (11b- First 10 words: definition & creating a sentence).
- Text Analysis– Due by email before January 2nd (please don’t wait until Jan 1, 11:59).
Your Task: Rely on your reading and analysis of “Of Our Spiritual Strivings” to write a well-developed response to the following prompt:
Identify a central idea in “Of Our Spiritual Strivings” and analyze how Du Bois uses figurative language or rhetoric to develop this central idea.
Your writing will be assessed using the Text Analysis Rubric
Be sure to:
- Closely read the prompt
- Address all elements of the prompt in your response
- Paraphrase, quote, and reference relevant facts and details
- Organize your ideas in a cohesive and coherent manner
- Maintain a formal style of writing
- Use appropriate and varied transitions
- Follow the conventions of standard written English
- Times New Roman, 12pt Font, Double spaced
Any comments, questions, or concerns, feel free to shoot me an email email@example.com!
See you all Tuesday!